Hi you guys!
Today’s overdue post is a review on the Maybelline One by One Volume Express mascara which I picked up at TKMaxx this weekend. I’ve been on the search for something to replace my current favourite and found the One by One Volume Express in one of these searches. The box promises big volume, lash by lash with no clumps which lasts all day long.
Well, my first thought was – is it washable? Yes great! But it’s not waterproof. But for £3.99 why not I don’t rub my eyes anyway so if it’s non smudging as it promises it could work.
However before I dive into this I just wanna say sorry I’ve gone AWOL these days guys! Things have been manic in the NZ household – from misbehaving kittens to strangely timed deadlines by the time Friday came I felt as I’d zombied through the month!
But never mind that, the reason I’m so excited for trying this mascara is because it seems to cover my quite specific list of requirements which so far has been covered by go-to Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Curling Mascara. Which brings me to the extensive list I’ve been talking about. For me the perfect mascara has to be:
– Waterproof (My eyes water a little so that’s non-negotiable requirement)
– Washable (It needs to be removable with hot water/soap, no panda eyes please!)
– Curling (I don’t like nor own eyelash curlers and if the tops don’t curl it hits the lenses of my glasses)
– Double Volume (If a mascara doesn’t turn up the volume what’s the point?)
– Lasts all day (I don’t touch up my make-up so whatever I wear has to last)
– Doesn’t drop little crumples on your face! (There is nothing that annoys me more than seeing little black blotches on my glasses)
– Accessible in price and location – the only criteria which my current fave fails in. It costs £22 and I can’t get it we’re currently living.
Will this mascara live the part?
The Maybelline One by One mascara gave me great volume as it said on the bottle and it did last all day. However, it slightly irritated my eyes specially in the morning and it did smudge a little. But I would let it all go if it just washed off as it promised not leaving me with my hated panda eyes, but it didn’t :(. There were two black marks under my eyes even after I washed my face twice.
The Mayballine mascara did not live up to expectations on the perks it promised to do, however it did give me good volume, it was considerably cheaper and it did remove completely with eye make up remover.
Update: Thought I’d give it another try today. It also has a strong smell that I forgot to tell you about here so this is staying as the back-up of the back-up and I’m sticking to my 2.5 rating.
Not good but not the most terrible either.